Boston Trinity Academy
Boston Trinity Academy students develop academic ability, strong character, an educated faith, and a concern for social justice. Every student who attends our school is known, loved, respected, and challenged. With this in mind, the ultimate goal at Boston Trinity is for graduates to leave prepared for college and life beyond.
In their years here students hone their skills as critical thinkers, develop compassion toward neighbors – both local and international – and learn to embrace joy and challenge.
Boston Trinity Academy:
- Motivates students to achieve their best by setting high expectations and providing rich opportunities for learning within a supportive educational environment
- Is dedicated to small class sizes, averaging 14 students per class, with a rigorous Academic Core Curriculum
- Has 68% of its faculty possessing or working toward advanced degrees in their fields of instruction
- Encourages teamwork through our championship athletics department, classroom projects, and in the arts
- Fosters unity amidst an extraordinarily diverse student population representing every neighborhood of the city of Boston and many of the surrounding suburbs
- Promotes global awareness and a deeper understanding of social justice through the projects of the Trinity Institute for Leadership and Social Justice
- Cultivates sophisticated critical thinking skills through such courses as Senior Symposium and Synthesis where students address some of the most significant issues of the 21st Century
Accreditation and Memberships
New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), Membership, National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS), Association of Independent Schools in New England, Council on Educational Standards and Accountability, New England Preparatory School Athletic Council.
Boston Trinity Academy is housed in a single, multi-story building with eighteen dedicated classrooms and fifteen dedicated offices. The building has a dining hall, auditorium, a computer lab, a foreign language lab, a chapel space, a faculty room, auditorium, art rooms, and music room. The school is situated in Boston so that students from the city can attend and so that attending students can take advantage of Boston area resources. Boston Trinity is located a short walk from multiple forms of public transportation.
Boston Trinity Academy uses nearby fields and courts for soccer, baseball and lacrosse practices, games and matches. All outdoor facilities are a short-walk from campus. Area gyms are rented for basketball games and practices. Transportation to and from the courts is provided by the school.
The Homestay program allows Boston Trinity to provide a safe and caring home experience for our international students. Half of our international students take part in our homestay program while others live with family, local relatives, or in homestays provided by their sending agency.
- Estimated Start DateLate August
- Estimated End DateEarly June
- Number of Students245 (15-20% international)
- Teacher/Student Ratio1:7
- Teachers with Advanced Degrees68%
- ESL ProgramsYes
- AP Classes12
- Tests AcceptedTOEFL or IELTS (Upper School) and TOEFL Junior or iTEP (Middle School)
- School UniformYes
- Year Established2002
- Campus Size4.5 acres
- Countries RepresentedKorea, Vietnam, Russia, and China
- Foreign Languages OfferedSpanish, French, and ESL.
- ArtsDrama, jazz band, chamber group, chapel band, art club AP Arts Courses: AP Studio Art (2D).
- AP CoursesPhysics, Psychology, English Literature/Composition, Calculus (level AB), Calculus (level BC), Statistics, Biology, European History, Art: 2D Design, Studio Art, Spanish, French.
- ActivitiesTrinity Institute for Leadership and Social Justice and their twelve service projects, Drama, Jazz Band, Chamber group, Chapel band, school newspaper, yearbook, Trinity Globe, House system,
- Sports OfferedFall: Cross Country, Soccer. Winter: Basketball. Spring: Baseball, Lacrosse,, Softball, and Tennis.
- University Acceptance Rate100%